The Limitless Initiative is a Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) based initiative. Its purpose is to bridge the educational resource gap by empowering our students to master STEM. We want students to learn, apply and succeed in achieving their academic and professional goals.
Using the KISS Institute of Practical Robotics “Junior Botball® Challenge” curriculum, we are able to build excitement, knowledge and understanding of STEM. Students take pride in their ability to design, program, and develop technology to problem solve. The program provides equipment, software, curriculum and professional development to elementary, middle, and high school educators (K-12) to enable them to teach their students to write computer code coupled with real-life applications of the engineering design process.
“…offering every student the hands-on computer science and math classes that make them job-ready on day one…”
– President Barack Obama, 2016 State of the Union Address #CSforall
Bridging the educational resource gap by empowering our students to master STEM
Program highlights include:
- The curriculum has been successfully implemented in over 350 schools
- The Limitless Initiative is targeting the nations’ inner cities with a goal of serving an estimated 2,500 youth by 2018.
- Participating teachers report integrating the activities into their regular classroom curriculum
- Empowers teachers (program isn’t dependent upon an outside mentor) to teach coding and engineering design to their students (increased long-term impact)
- The program can be implemented in the regular classroom, in pullout programs, elective classes, and after school programs
- Targeting Urban communities with culturally relevant processes and people
- The curriculum and activities are aligned to Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS), Common Core Math Standards and Math Practices, and ISTE Technology Standards